Render conversion to assembly

I started working on converting my level renderer for Bouncy Ball to assembly. Check out the video below. The C is on the left, assembly on the right. The speed difference is about double the frame rate. Although, in the video I forgot that the C version is double buffering, and the assembly isn’t. Assembly also isn’t printing text. So I fixed both versions behind the scenes.

The C version before removing the print was about 17fps. After was 15fps.

The assembly version didn’t change noticeably. It runs at about 26fps.

It still needs more work, so I’m sure I’ll have a few more revs to show. 60 fps is my goal, but that might be a pipe dream. I’d be happy with 30+. Looking forward to Simon reviewing and giving some tips. I know it’ll need it!